How Amaravati can be a True Smart City

Discussion in 'General' started by satish, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Jan 3, 2016

satish

satish Administrator
    Staff Member

How Amaravati can be a True Smart City

Amaravati, the upcoming capital of Andhra Pradesh, is touted to be a major game changer in Indian cities. While it will be the fourth major planned State Capital, after Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh and Gandhinagar, it will be the first major Smart City in India as a State Capital.

The Capital Region Development Authority [CRDA] which is the planning authority for the upcoming city has planned to have 9 sub-cities of 6000 acres each and three metro rail corridors.

Among other plans, Amaravati is also poised to get a transparent, underwater tunnel through the River Krishna as well.

Now, all this sure sounds rosy on paper, but fancy stuff isn’t what we’re looking for right now. What we need is functionality. Here are some key pointers that I have decided to put across for Amaravati’s transport, which will help livability in the city massively.

More : http://bestpedia.in/2015/12/how-amaravati-can-be-a-true-smart-city/

SrikanthR56 likes this.
  2. Jan 4, 2016

SrikanthR56

SrikanthR56 New Member

Hi. Thanks for sharing my article here. I'm trying my best to get this across to the Politicians and Administration in the state so that it atleast someone in power takes note of it.

If you're sharing it on Twitter, do use the hashtag #SunriseAndhraand #SmartCity so that people can spread the word. :)

3. Jan 4, 2016

satish

satish Administrator
    Staff Member

SrikanthR56 likes this.